Yesterday we spent all morning and early afternoon picking for Classic Cottage Co. then I took a MUCH needed LONG nap. Meanwhile Aaron worked on recording some new tunes. Btw, can’t wait for y’all to hear what he’s about to release!!
• I finished one of the most beautiful dresser & chest sets.
• One of my most favorite brands reached out to partner together.. more on that coming soon!
• I got behind on laundry (Yep, it happens even for those of us without children) and chose to not feel guilty about it.
Happy Sunday! The Summer is flying by. In fact, Aaron and I just booked a quick Summer getaway a few hours ago!! Yesssssss!!
June was good to us. After my sister left town last Sunday, I had the Monday blues. So I threw myself into work and reading books as hard as I could to get my mind off missing my sisters. I was determined to end June with a big bang business wise & it paid off. Classic Cottage ended June strong.
• Aaron made good progress on our powder room downstairs.
The hugest highlight of my week was seeing my older sister Kayla and her family. Kayla lives 12 hours away so this is a rare occasion. She also brought her 8 month old daughter, Emmy Kay. It’s been an incredible week.
• Aaron played at the Mason Jar in Auburn last Saturday night!
• We found two more kittens. Yep, our little kitten has brothers. We’re in the process of finding homes for the other two babies.
• Emmy Kay (my niece) came to Alabama for the first time. She had her very first taste of Auburn’s specialty, lemonade from Toomer’s Drugs.
• September Ocean is a watercolor artwork shop. Aubrey (the store owner) sent over a portrait of Aaron and I. It’s absolutely beautiful! Such a pleasure working with Aubrey on this project!
• I discovered the power of a new skincare product I’ve heard people rave about for years now. I tried Philosophy for the first time! The Good Morning Sunshine shower gel was amazing.
• We had a girl’s night! Kelbee (lil sister) and Kayla spent the night and Kelbee made us try anti-aging facial masks. 😂
Having my sister and her family in Alabama was amazing. It brightened my June and my heart is full. Thank you for reading our weekly Week Vibes!
Never thought I’d say it but my Keurig days are indeed over. Keurig is one of the rmain reasons I began drinking coffee. My mom bought me a Keurig for Christmas 2013. She said it was from my “hot chocolate”.. One thing led to another, then I began dating Mr. Coffee Lover and now I can’t live without it.
T H E T A S T E
It began with Aaron. He no longer liked the taste on Keurig coffee. A year later, I started noticing a plastic-y taste. I much preferred coffee from a restaurant or coffee shop. It just tasted so much better.
T H E M O N E Y
Between the two of us it was nothing to use 4 k-cups a day. You don’t really realize how much that adds to your grocery bill.
T H E P L A S T I C
Hot water and plastic make me feel like I’m drinking chemicals.
T H E B U G
Even though we spray our house regularly, the occasional bug still wanders in. One morning, I opened the top of my Keurig to insert the k-cup & there was a black bug in the top where the K-cup goes. Yep. Worse part, the bug crawled into the Keurig to where I couldn’t get it. After this, I no longer used my Keurig.
T H E C L E A N I N G
Which brings me to my next point, how clean can we truly get it?
M Y S O L L U T I O N
I bought a kettle and dripper to make pour over. It takes a little extra time but the coffee taste MUCH better! It’s also saving on my weekly grocery bill. I can clean/rinse out the dripper daily. I have a new routine. I heat up the kettle as I’m unloading my dishwasher in the morning then just pour the hot water over my favorite blend.
I’m going to link the kettle and dripper I bought. If you’re wanting something faster I’m also going to link some more options.