We had such a wonderful week. My little sister Kelbee came to Auburn to spend a few days at our house. We very much enjoy when she’s at our house because she brings a balance to our crazy schedule. For example, 9pm dinners are no longer acceptable when a 10 year old is around.
To read a more about Kelbee’s visit click here to check out Nighttime Prayers.
Other small highlights this week
• I’ve been reading the Outlander book series by Diana Gabaldon since January. I finished book #4 this week and it was Ahhhhmazing!
• I took Tuesday off! It’s extremely rare for me to take a day off.. other than an occasional Sunday. I wanted to spend time with Kelbee so I took the whole day off on Tuesday.
• I realized my 10 year old little sister knows more about make up than me! Ever heard of Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lips?? Kelbee got me to try this awesome new lipstick and it stays on for hours. Love it!! Click here to learn more.
• We bought plants! Last weekend Aaron and I bought some plants for our side porch off the kitchen. We got lots of herbs, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and a hanging basket of strawberries.
• As far as the booth business goes, we had a few slower days this week. However, on Friday night it picked up. I was working in my booth and was able to make the sale of 6 larger pieces within a 2 hour span.
• Favorite casual black slides sandals are on sell for $11.21 right now. So time to grab some!!
I have another special post about decorating with pots coming up soon so stay tuned & have a happy weekend!
We’re so excited to officially announce Classic Cottage Co. is expanding for the fourth time. It’s easy to see our location at Angel’s Antique in Opelika, Al is busting out of the seams. Our inventory is still moving as fast as we can with the space we have.
Our last expansion at this location was last July. Aaron and I were so proud to have a larger space in a corner location with our custom design. We are now seizing the opportunity to nearly double our amount of floor space by expanding out to the booth directly beside us. In other words, our current booth IS NOT relocating.. only getting bigger!
The vision for this expansion is to serve our customers by offering a more industrial/rustic/primitive style merchandise. You’ll find items like industrial metal base tables, wood crates, metal tool boxes, light fixtures and much more.
French cottage style lovers will adore one side and the rustic industrial farmhouse lovers will appreciate the other.
Look for this expansion May 1st! We look forward to offering our customers beautiful unique treasures in Classic Cottage Co. at The French Flamingo and our expanded location inside Angels Antique.
Karlee & Aaron
Another month has passed so it’s time for a monthly recap for March on my booths. Apparently, many of you are interested in my antique business. (Insert BIG Karlee smile here ☺️) March was a great month for us!
I know, how random is that?! We were selling mirrors left and right. Ha, I’m still trying to catch the mirror stock pile up from March. Small, large, rustic and french – a wide variety of mirrors sold all month long.
As I’ve said before Spring of 2017 was painfully slow for us. I mean PAINFULLY!! 😫However, so far this Spring we’ve managed to turn the tide and items are selling. March was a repeat of stock, empty, stock and empty. We’re hoping the same will happen for April. Time will tell!!
How We Did It
Coffee. Lots of warm coffee. Also, by not questioning/talking ourself out of buying pieces. When we went picking, we were willing to load the truck slam full! Haha, and then go back for more!!
Thanks for reading!!